ITIL® FOUNDATION CERTIFICATE COURSE
The ITIL Foundation course is an exciting and dynamic course that introduces learners to the lifecycle of managing IT services in order to deliver business expectations. The course incorporates an engaging case-study based approach to learning the core disciplines of ITIL Best Practices, thereby, positioning students to successfully complete the Foundation exam.
This course is delivered as 3 Full Days in a Classroom or Instructor Led Online format or in a 5 Half Day Instructor Led Online format.
Passing the ITIL Foundation exam is a pre-requisite for admission into ITIL Intermediate-level training courses.
ITIL Best Practices is composed of five core disciplines:
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Transition
- Service Operation
- Continual Service Improvement
These disciplines represent a Service Lifecycle framework that further enhance alignment to the business while demonstrating business value, ROI, and enabling IT to solve specific operational needs.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
Identify the key principles and concepts of IT Service Management.
- Identify the benefits of implementing ITIL in an organization.
- Identify the Service Management processes and how they map to the Service Lifecycle.
- Identify the basic concepts and definitions related to the Service Lifecycle.
- Identify the activities and roles involved with the Service Lifecycle.
- Identify the relationship of each component of the Service Lifecycle and how they relate to each other.
- Identify the factors that affect the effectiveness of the Service Lifecycle.
- This course has 15 hours of instruction not including breaks, evening study time and the final exam.
- There is a minimum class size of 6 students and a maximum class size of 25 students.
- Two official sample exams will be provided during the course.
- The following link will take you to the official ITIL Foundation Qualification Syllabus:
ITIL Foundation Syllabus
The following requirements must be met in order to participate in online training:
- All online sessions will be delivered through Adobe Connect.
- Students require access to a fast and reliable internet connection and a headset and microphone. All audio will be run through your computer, Voice-over-IP, as there is no dial-in option for this training.
- Test your connection here. All of the tests must pass. Your local IT department should be able to assist with installing Flash and the Adobe Connect plug-in if there are any difficulties.
- All sessions are mandatory.
- The exam is 60 minutes long and consists of 40 multiple choice questions.
- You must get 26 (65%) or more of the questions correct to pass the exam.
- For classroom based courses: A paper-based certification exam is included with the registration and is taken during the afternoon of the third day.
- For online instructor led based courses: A computer-based certification exam is included with the registration. Students will be provided with an exam voucher that will allow them to take the exam at their convenience through a web-based exam proctor within 30 days of the completion of the course. Students will require access to a webcam and high speed internet connection.
VALUE SHEPHERD is accredited by Axelos (through PeopleCert) to deliver this course.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-833-VALUEIT (1-833-825-8348)