COBIT® 5 FOUNDATION COURSE
The COBIT 5 Foundation course immerses the student in the principles of COBIT 5 and provides an overview to the Governance of Enterprise IT. You will learn about Enterprise IT governance issues that are affecting organizations and how COBIT addresses this need with a globally accepted Governance and Management of IT framework.
This course is delivered in a 4 Half Day Instructor Led Online format. It is also available as a 2 day onsite course.
The purpose of the Foundation certificate is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the COBIT 5 guidance to be able to understand the enterprise Governance and Management of Enterprise IT, create awareness with their business executives and senior IT Management; assess the current state of their Enterprise IT with the objective of scoping what aspects of COBIT 5 would be appropriate to implement.
Passing the COBIT Foundation exam is a pre-requisite for admission into the COBIT courses:
- COBIT Implementation
- COBIT 5 Assessor
- Business Management, Chief Executives, IT /IS Auditors, Internal Auditors, Information Security and IT Practitioners;
- Consultants, IT/IS Management looking to gain an insight into the Enterprise Governance of IT and looking to be certified as a COBIT Implementer or Assessor.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
At the end of this course, you will have learned about:
- The COBIT 5 Product Architecture.
- The IT management issues and challenges that affect enterprises.
- The 5 Key Principles of COBIT 5 for the governance and management of Enterprise IT.
- How COBIT 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise.
- How the COBIT 5 processes and the Process Reference Model (PRM) help guide the creation of the 5 Principles and the 7 Governance and Management Enablers.
- The basic concepts for the Implementation of COBIT 5.
- The components and purpose of the Process Reference Guide
- The basic concepts of a RACI and how they are used in COBIT 5
- The basic concepts of the new Process Assessment Model
- The COBIT 5 guides and how they interrelate.
- Instruction Method
- This course has 12 hours of instruction not including breaks, evening study time and the final exam.
- There is a minimum class size of 6 students and a maximum class size of 25 students.
- One official sample exam will be provided during the course.
- The following link will take you to the official COBIT 5 Syllabus:
COBIT 5 Foundation Syllabus
The following requirements must be met in order to participate in online training:
- All online sessions will be delivered through Adobe Connect.
- Students require access to a fast and reliable internet connection and a headset and microphone. All audio will be run through your computer, Voice-over-IP, as there is no dial-in option for this training.
- Test your connection here. All of the tests must pass. Your local IT department should be able to assist with installing Flash and the Adobe Connect plug-in if there are any difficulties.
- All sessions are mandatory.
The exam is 40 minutes long and consists of 50 multiple choice questions. You must get 25 (50%) or more of the questions correct to pass the exam.
A computer-based certification exam is included with the registration. Students will be provided with an exam voucher that will allow them to take the exam at their convenience through a web-based exam proctor within 30 days of the completion of the course. Students will require access to a webcam and high speed internet connection.
Students will require access to “COBIT 5: A Business Framework for the Governance and Management of Enterprise IT” which can be downloaded free from ISACA.
VALUE SHEPHERD is accredited by ISACA (through PeopleCert) to deliver this course.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-833-VALUEIT (1-833-825-8348)
COBIT® is a Registered Trade Mark of ISACA®
11 Feb 2019 - 14 Feb 2019
4-Half-Day COBIT 5 Foundation Short Description
From 9:00 am until 12:00 pm Timezone: Mountain Time (US & Canada) time