CERTIFIED BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP MANAGER®
c/w Post-course coaching*
The Brief Description
The Certified Business Relationship Manager® or CBRM® Practitioner Qualification is a 4.5 day classroom or online course that is intended for the intermediate to advanced Business Relationship Manager and focuses on performing the role of Strategic Business Relationship Manager. The primary focus is on strategic business relationship management leveraged to optimize value to the enterprise. The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to confirm whether the candidate has achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply CBRM guidance in a given scenario situation.
The CBRM training and certification program is intended for Business Relationship Managers, with the training and certification designed to provide an intermediate level of knowledge.
This course is offered in a variety of formats
- 5 days of classroom instruction with the certification exam being offered on the last day.
- 4.5 days online with a live instructor. Students receive a voucher to write the exam online at a later date of their choosing within 30 days of completion of the course.
and is available as both:
- Public, open enrolment courses held in various locations
- Closed courses, dedicated to your organization
Candidates must hold a Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP) certificate.
The official “CBRM Guide to the BRM Body of Knowledge” is required for this course. The guide must be purchased here. Please note that this is a physical book and to allow time for shipping.
The candidate will demonstrate deep understanding and ability to perform the Strategic BRM role. Specifically, the candidate should be able to:
- Effectively communicate the purpose and objectives of the Strategic BRM role and how to optimally position that role for maximum effectiveness within the enterprise.
- Explain how to use their personal power and influence to build business relationships and foster culture that excels at business value results.
- Apply the Strategic Relationship Management processes and techniques to build and sustain trust relationships spanning Business Partner and Provider networks.
- Assess Business Demand Maturity and Business Relationship Maturity and how these might evolve over time.
- Assess Provider Capability Maturity and BRM Competencies and identify key areas needing improvement.
- Apply cross-organization communication techniques to clearly articulate real Provider/business value delivered to the organization.
- Discuss how to influence executive leaders in their use of Provider Capabilities and Assets based upon potential business value and convergence with business strategy.
- Explain how to promote business innovation in the BRM’s sphere of influence.
- Use the Business Value Management process, techniques and metrics to help define, realize and optimize the value of Provider capabilities and assets.
- Know how to apply Business Partner Experience Management so as to create a positive Business Partner perception of Provider capabilities as an essential element of building and sustaining trust relationships.
- Shape strategic agendas for optimum business value, with due consideration of external compliance requirements and potential risks to the business.
- Explain the implications of Lean/Agile type methods for the BRM role and capability.
- Recommend effective approaches for influencing the development and deployment of available Provider capabilities based upon business need and potential to enable or create business value.
- Apply Business Capability Management techniques to determine how strategic business outcomes can be achieved and sustained.
- Contribute to Business Transition Management by identifying key stakeholders, analyzing transition networks and planning transition management to achieve organizational understanding, support, adoption, and business value results of investments in new business capabilities.
- The above learning objectives will be explored through the following learning units:
- Understanding Relationship Maturity and Value.
- Assessing BRM Context.
- Developing Strategic Relationships.
- Optimizing Business Value.
- Exam Prep and the official CBRM exam.
All attendees will be provided with 2 hours of individual coaching after the course. The objective of this coaching / consulting time is to address the attendees challenges in applying the best practices learned to their specific situation. (to be used within 90 days of the last day of the course).
VALUE SHEPHERD is accredited by the Business Relationship Management Institute (through APMG International) to deliver this course. For more information about the BRM Institute visit the BRM Institutes website at www.brminstitute.org
Please email us at email@example.com or call at 1-833-VALUEIT if you have any questions.
21 Sep 2020 - 25 Sep 2020
4.5-Day Certified Business Relationship Manager Certification
From 8:30 am until 4:30 pm Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada), Mexico City time